This course is ideal for the student who can’t take the four or more months off work to go to a formal fire academy. Individuals who wish to take this course at our fire academy should always check with local jurisdiction for details on how to become a firefighter within their individual IFSAC process.
The course is broken into two portions. The larger portion is done online in a virtual classroom, while following strict NFPA Firefighter I and Firefighter II standards. Again, our online Firefighter School allows you to learn whenever you have the extra time to do so. The second portion of the program is an intensive two-week “Boot Camp.” An experienced staff of instructors will work with each student until they have mastered each skill. Boot Camps are scheduled once a month at the Emergency Training Center facility located south of the DFW Metroplex.
The course is approved by the State of Texas, which is recognized by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress as an IFSAC state. During the Boot Camp, students will sit for the Texas state test, which is administered through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection. Upon successfully passing the exam, the student would be eligible to apply for the IFSAC seal(s) as long as all pre-requisites are met and would therefore be issued IFSAC certificates, usually allowing that student to transfer firefighter certification with other IFSAC states. Please call 1-877-470-FIRE for details.
After completing this course, students must also successfully accomplish a commission recognized medical training program to apply for certification and IFSAC seals. We offer the nationally recognized “Medical First Responder” to our fire academy students. The “Medical First Responder” course must be purchased at time of enrollment in order to schedule your skills simultaneously with the FA boot camp. This is a separate online course, however the skills are completed during your two week boot camp stay for the fire academy. No additional time at our facility is required. Just mention to our recruiters that you need the medical component or “medical first responder” when you sign up.
The virtual classroom portion is not limited in class size and students can sign up anytime and work at their own pace. However, space in the Boot Camp portion is limited in order to maintain a productive instructor-to-student ratio, and placement is based on sign-up order. This way, you will receive quality guidance from your fire instructor during this intense portion of the program.
At the two-week bootcamp, TrainingDivision.com provides housing, food, materials, and equipment.
Benefits to this course:
- Excellent training by an unsurpassed staff of Professors and Instructors.
- Self-paced learning – each student can go through the course as fast or slow as they desire.
- Boot Camp – students will master their skills and build the confidence needed today as a firefighter.
- Flexibility – Keep your current job and go to Boot Camp during your vacation.
- Become certified right out of High School because students can start their course while still in school.
- Earn college credit at numerous institutions who accept Firefighter certificates as prior learning credit.
- Take advantage of our online forum where you can study with other students and prepare for job interviews and hirings.
- Build your confidence because you would have gone through a comprehensive and complete training program.
- Have the job that you love and have always wanted.
- Open Enrollment / Start Anytime