AHA HeartCode™ ACLS Online
Initial and Renewal Certification
This course teaches Advanced Cardiac Life Support for the health care professional via an online classroom setting. Part 1 of the course can be taken anywhere internet access is provided. A skills session is the hands-on portion of an AHA eLearning course and includes Parts 2 and 3 — skills practice and testing. It is conducted in-person after a student completes Part 1 online. Our skills sessions are conducted every month at Emergency Training Center. Call our professional staff for more information.
ACLS Detailed Course Information: For healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses, EMS personnel, etc.)
- Through interactive case-based micro-simulation technology, this course teaches: Recognition and early management of per-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicated resuscitation outcomes
- Management of cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation, termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care
- Recognition of life threatening clinical situations such as stroke
- Identification and treatment of ischemic chest pain and expedition of the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and how to recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Basic life support care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating an AED
This continuing education activity is certified for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists and EMTs/paramedics. Skills sessions are conducted every month at Emergency Training Center. Call our professional staff for more information.